The catchment area for Fowlmere School is: Fowlmere, Great and Little Chishill, Chrishall Grange and Heydon. Our Pupil Admission Number (PAN) is 17.
The administration and management of admission arrangements to Cambridgeshire schools is dealt with by Cambridgeshire County Council. The reception admissions policy and criteria for each school, together with an application form are available from the County Council Admissions Team and must be returned to them.
Admissions Criteria for Reception
The Governors agree to accept the policy guidelines on admissions produced by Cambridgeshire County Council. The school will enrol pupils up to its agreed overall capacity and annual admissions limit.
1. Children in Care, also known ass Looked After Children (LAC) , and children who were previously looked after but ceased to be so by reason of adoption, a residence order (now known as a child arrangement order) or special guardianship order.
2. Children living in the catchment area with a sibling at the school at the time of admission;
3. Children living in the catchment area;
4. Children living outside the catchment area who have a sibling at the school at the time of admission;
5. Children living outside the catchment area who have applied and been unable to gain a place at their Cambridgeshire catchment area school because of over subscription;
6. Children who live outside the catchment area, but nearest the school as measured by a straight line.
In cases of equal merit in each set of criteria, priority will go to children living nearest the school as measured by a straight line.
Joining the School in Reception Year
All applications to join the school in Reception year must be made through the Local Authority.
Starting school is a very exciting and daunting time for you and your child. We, as a school, will work with parents individually to ensure it is both positive and rewarding.
Pupils are admitted to Fowlmere Primary in the September of the academic year in which they are 5. During the previous Summer term, visits take place to support the children to become familiar with the school and the adults from their class.
If any parent/carer would like a paper copy of any of the information here please contact the school office and we will provide it free of charge.
In-Year applications (moving schools)
If you are moving into the area and would like a place at Fowlmere Primary School you should always apply for a school place through the Local Authority School Admissions Team